In groups of two to three, students will create a project to present to the class based on the assigned topic.
You may choose a project from the list below:
1. Create a videotaped newscast of the events of the French Revolution. Choose one specific event or an overview of the entire war.
2. Create a fictional newspaper during the time of the Revolution. Your newspaper should include a headline story, two short local stories, two "world news" features, and advertisements. Additional columns are not required but the more detail you provide, the better your grade will be.
3. Create a poster collage of one of the following: (minimum poster size is 24" x 36")
Marie Antoinette Louis XVI Napoleon Bonaparte Maximillian Robespierre The Reign of Terror Jean-Paul Marat and Charlott Corday
4. Perform a skit or play based on a true event of the Revolution or one that you made up (must be historically accurate). Minimum 10 minutes.
5. Write a five page research paper with a bibliography of at least 5 -8 sources on an assigned topic (this option is only available to students working on their own). See "Research Paper Topics" below for suggested ideas.
6. Build a model of one of the following:
The Bastille Versailles The guillotine
7. If you have a different idea, submit a written proposal to Mrs. Dickey as soon as possible.
Research Paper Topics
- Events leading to the storming of the Bastille
- The war between France and Austria
- The Reign of Terror
- The September Massacre
- The Committee of Public Safety
- The "Republic of Virtue"
- The bread riots
Projects must be completed and presented in class on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH
Projects must include a list of all resources utilized (web addresses, books, etc.)
COPY AND PASTE WILL GET YOU A "0" FOR THE ENTIRE PROJECT
Preparation 25 points
Project Creation 50 points
Oral Presentation 25 points
Resource List 25 points